All articles are accessible online in pdf format to subscribers of the print and online editions. In order to obtain access to full text articles, subscribers must first provide Inter-Research with IP addresses for their institution and agree to the terms of our license, below. Articles are made freely accessible online to all users 5 years after their first appearance; several are free from the date they are first published as Open Access articles. Articles published in 2011 or earlier are currently available. Please e-mail IPs, and any other questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for Use
Links to full text articles can be found on the Table of Contents pages of the respective journal.
For example, if you are looking for an article from MEPS Volume 201, you simply follow the link from the MEPS home page to Volume 201. Here you'll find a list of all the articles in this issue in the following sample format:
Ammerman JW, Glover WB
Continuous underway measurement of microbial ectoenzyme activities in aquatic ecosystems
In order to get to the full text of the article, click on the link 'Full article in pdf format'. Clicking on the link MEPS 201:1-12 will take you to the abstract and other information for the article; the 'Full article in pdf format' link also appears there. To read full articles, you will need Adobe Reader, Acrobat, or another pdf viewer to be installed on your computer.
1. License. Inter-Research hereby grants to Subscribers and their employees, faculty (permanent and visiting) and students (collectively Authorized Users) the right and license to access, retrieve, display and make copies from the Online version of the Publications -- Marine Ecology Progress Series (MEPS), Aquatic Microbial Ecology (AME), Diseases of Aquatic Organisms (DAO), Climate Research (CR) -- for which a print or online subscription has been paid, solely for their scholarly, research, educational and personal use in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. Use of the Online Publications constitutes User's agreement with these terms.
2. IP Address/ID-Password Registration. Access to the Publications shall be controlled through the use of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and/or Personal IDs and Passwords. Subscribers are responsible for providing valid IP addresses to Inter-Research for their institution. For the terms of this Agreement an institution is defined as a campus community and network, including lodgings and residences of faculty, staff or students or one contiguous commercial office complex. Multi-campus, Multi-office or consortia use, or the sharing of the Publications (except as described in section 3) is NOT allowed except by prior agreement with Inter-Research. Each campus or office must pay for separate access. Valid IP addresses CANNOT include publicly accessible proxy or cache servers.
3. Copying; Transmission. Users may retrieve, display, download and print out copies of individual articles from the Online version of the Publications. Such copying shall be limited to making single copies of a reasonable number of individual items. Authorized Users may only transmit items from the Publications to other Authorized Users. The Licensee may supply through interlibrary loan a printed copy of an individual document being part of the Licensed Materials for the purposes of research or private study and not for commercial use. The copyright in articles published under the Creative Commons by Attribution (CC-BY) Licence remains with the original copyright owners. These articles (clearly marked with the "CC-BY" symbols) may be freely accessed, copied, distributed and re-used, provided the authors and the original source of publication are attributed.
4. Library Access. Subscribers' libraries which provide public access may provide access to and permit copying from the Online version of the Publications by members of the public for their scholarly, research, educational and personal use by means of workstations located at the library facility.
5. Alteration; Notices. Subscribers and their Authorized Users may not modify, adapt, transform, translate or create any derivative work based on any materials included in the Publications, or otherwise use any such materials in a manner that would infringe the copyright therein. Any copyright notices, other notices or disclaimers included by Inter-Research in the Online version of the Publications or any accompanying screen displays may not be removed, obscured or modified in any way.
6. Unauthorized Use. Subscribers shall promptly notify Inter-Research of any infringements of copyrights in the Publications or any unauthorized use of the Publication of which they become aware. In the event of any infringement or unauthorized use by an Authorized User, Subscribers shall take all reasonable steps to cause such Authorized User to cease such activity and to prevent any recurrence thereof. In addition, Inter-Research may terminate such Authorized User's access to the Online version of the Publications. Subscribers shall not be liable to Inter-Research for breach of the terms of this Agreement by any Authorized User so long as Subscribers did not intentionally assist in or encourage such breach or permit such breach to continue after having actual notice thereof.
7. Disclaimer. Publisher, editors, reviewers and authors do not accept any legal responsibility for errors, omissions or claims, nor do they provide any warranty, express or implied, with respect to information published in the Online version of the Publications.
8. Access to Subscription Years. Subscribers will be granted access only to articles published in the subscription year to which they have subscribed. Subscribers who do not renew their subscription in any subsequent year will retain online access to the articles published in the subscription year(s) to which they subscribed for a period of five years following the subscribed year, following which all articles become freely accessible to all users.
9. Change of Terms. Inter-Research reserves the right to change, modify, or otherwise alter the terms of this license with appropriate prior notice to the licensee. If the change results in more than ten percent of the resource being altered, the licensee reserves the right to receive a pro-rata refund for the term of the license.
10. Review of License Agreement. The terms of this license agreement will be reviewed annually.